BTW...

I might never post this comment, but if it is posted (that would probably be the only reason you are reading this) it may not have been posted on the day it was written. And the next post might never come out. I am only writing this to hear myself type. *laughs*
Taschia

Saturday, April 10, 2010

The TLC

was amazing! All you people who aren't Latin SHOULD BE. But you’re not. (All my English teachers would KILL me for doing that right there. And they WOULDN'T really KILL me, but you get my drift{wood}.) I just got back and I NEED my sleep (got there:10:30 fell asleep around 1:00. woke up at 6:00 got back to the hotel 9:30 fell asleep around 12:00. woke up at 7:00), but I want to record this before I forget.

BEFORE:

This is this really small, but this is also the funnies thing that happened, and [OMIFRICK! IT IS SORRY, SORRY ANSWER! AH {for an extended time}! IT IS BY SUPER JUNIOR! AH{and yes, this is also for an extended period of time} SO COOL! FRICK! THEY ARE SUCH A BIG BOY BAND! 13 FRICKING GUYS! FRICK! Okay I'm, no wait THEY JUST SAID SHAWDY! AH {you know the drill.}Okay, the song is over. And for my sake, don't look it up, thanks *smiles*.] we were talking about it the entire trip. Dr. McCoy, you really gave us a laugh. Sadly I wasn't there to wittiness it, but the retelling, by Faith, was really good, and I'm guessing it is pretty accurate, cause she can retell stories better than living them. Anyway, so Faith and some other Latin AWESOMES ( And not all Latins are awesomes, only the girls who went from Middle School. And yes, Porsche, you are an Awesome.) were talking to Dr. McCoy before we left on Thursday. Now, I don't know if I said this, but Dr. McCoy is the amazing English teacher who acts like a little kid. That is basically what is the main support for her amazingness. On top of that, she is about five foot, I think. (For those of you who use meters, that is SMALL.) Dr. McCoy was giving some tips for the trip to TCL and DC. (Faith and one other girl in the AWESOMES are actually 7th graders, so they aren't going on the DC trip, but they are going on the OTD, which is the big trip we take in 7th grade. I'll tell you about it in another blog.) One of her tips was this; What do you do when someone tries to kidnap you? You say "No, don't steal me." The best part we at she didn't scream, she said it like she was talking to a kid, or Forest Gump, which will come up later in this post.

ELECTION:

1) This was the first candidate who spoke. I'm sorry, but I didn’t pay attention to what they were running for. But this is what she did; she screamed into that mic. like her life depended on it. The up side of her speech was that there were not umm....s or uhhh.....s. That was good

2) This was the second guy (The first one was actually a girl, but I say guy to every one, sorry...) He recited a poem. That he wrote. I only remember the last line, but the last word in the line before it rhymed with thick, so in the line I wrote in, that is the word I used. Here it is;

You all might think me to be really thick

But you should see the size of my....( He actually waited for quite a long time. For a while I thought he was just going to leave it there, but then he said) brain.

That was his poem for us. He was running against the girl. She won. But there is more

3) Some dude ran for secretary or something (by this time I had lost track of people who had spoken) and this is a quote; "You should see my Times New Roman, it is both quick and neat." I thought that was funny. And he won.

4)One of the Presidential candidates (there were two) said when she first came to JCL she was a lone wolf in a wolf pack, Than she met us, and found out we were her wolf pack. I wonder if she meant to say it like that. But then, it gets better, she said we should vote for her to be our 'Alpha Wolf' She lost, but we voted for her, 3 and 1.

5) When the president took his oath into office, the current president messed up and told him to corrupt the offices. Captain and I were the only ones to pick up on this, but she didn't laugh half as hard as I did, so every one, especially the current president was glaring at us. I got SO red in the face...

6) There is something called certamen. It is basically Latin Quiz Bowl. Random questions about Latin. Yeah. The Middle School ( two boys, captain, and myself)had their team, so did the Freshmen (They were two girls) and then the advanced (All boys) The Advanced got third in the entire State. (THAT IS REALLY GOOD!) The Fresh{wo}men were CRUSHED in the first round and didn't even move on to second round. The Middle School had better competition. In the first round (there are only two) we were neck to neck (Is it another body part?) with this other team, MLK. We won, but one of our answers was challenged, so we had to take those points away and ask a new question. It was all a big hassle and stupid. But get this; The girl who challenged us came up to us 20 minutes after it was all over to tell us she was sorry to have made this big deal about it all and that we handled it all really well and we deserved the win. Nice, right, wrong, she finished it all by telling us that she and her friend were running in the election and that we should vote for the both of them. I literally started to laughed and called her out. I didn’t mean to, but we were all thinking, but I still got an elbow to the chest.

So that’s all that happened. And this was mostly all written on April 10th, 2010.

Taschia

No comments:

Post a Comment